Creative Executive Compensation Plan Design Consultants
Partner with Longnecker & Associates Executive Compensation Consultants
The challenges involved in setting and managing executive pay have never been more formidable. Today, executive pay routinely faces massive scrutiny. As a result, companies are faced with the daunting prospect of having to satisfy shareholders, regulators, and executives with their decisions on compensation.
Let Longnecker & Associates use our expertise to design an executive compensation plan tailored to your organization’s exact needs. Contact us today for more information on our Executive Compensation Consulting services. From CEO compensation planning and design to competitive CFO benefits packages to incentivize performance, we are here to help.
Executive & CEO Compensation Consulting: Plan, Analyze, Implement.
What is the Role of an Executive Compensation Consultant?
An executive comp consultant advises the board on governance and compensation best practices, especially regarding the financial compensation awarded to an organization’s top executives and CEOs. Executive Compensation packages are designed with the intent of incentivizing the executive team as well as enabling an organization’s ability to attract, motivate and retain key executive talent.
Executive Compensation Consulting Services we Provide:
- Structuring Executive Compensation Plans
- Executive Compensation Planning
- Executive Pay & Compensation Design Programs
- Performance-Based Executive Pay
- Compensation Clawbacks & Provisional Clauses
Designing Creative Compensation Plans that Incentivize Executive Performance
Together we can help you and your organization reach its full potential. It all starts with a plan based on market research, data, and a spoonful of creativity. Together with our team of consultants, we can help you design a unique compensation plan to attract, retain, and drive high performing executives.A combination of performance-based pay, benefits, and even deferred compensation may just be the golden formula you need to find and retain the right leadership.
Executive Compensation Plan Matrix
What makes an executive compensation plan enticing enough to attract and motivate valuable leadership? The most important elements of an executive offer often involve:
- Competitive Executive Benefits Packages
- Deferred Compensation Options
- Supplemental Executive Retirement Plans
What Makes an Executive Benefits Package Competitive?
A competitive benefits package may look different from one organization to another, but the elements always include competitive pay; 401k, stock options, or other deferred compensation; and some form of supplemented retirement income above the industry norm. If you want to motivate your company’s top executives and encourage them to drive further growth, offer a compensation package with both short and deferred pay. This type of package attracts and retains talented executives who yearn, like most people, for long-term financial stability. This type of executive comp package offers just that.
What is a Deferred Executive Compensation Plan?
Deferred executive compensation offers organizational leadership an opportunity to save for retirement by providing a nonqualified solution to contribute to their retirement fund and avoid the retirement gap. The retirement gap makes it nearly impossible for executives to maintain their standard of living if they do not have supplemental or deferred compensation plans in place for additional retirement savings.
The retirement gap is a combination of factors limiting the amount an executive can contribute to their tax deferred savings and retirement plans. There are certain limits on the percentage an executive can contribute to their retirement fund or 401(k) – typically a 30% to 50% pay replacement cap.
A strategic deferred compensation plan can help create an attractive executive compensation offer to attract and keep excellent leaders. Our deferred executive compensation consulting services can ensure that your plan is executed smoothly, the cost is affordable for your organization, and that the compensation is scheduled in a logical timeline.
Deferred Compensation Advisory Services Include:
- Asset Rebalancing
- Plan Liability Reporting
- Balance Information Management
- Process Investment Options
- Contribution Earnings Allocation
- Contribution Loss Allocation
- Track Vesting Schedules
- Calculate & Track Distributions
Supplemental Executive Retirement Plans
Supplement retirement plans designed for executives allow them to collect supplemental income dedicated for retirement, helping them bridge the retirement gap caused by government imposed limitations on employer and employee retirement contribution rates. Retirement fund contribution limitations imposed on executives make it almost impossible for them to uphold their current living standards.
Supplemental retirement plans can help you reaffirm your organization’s value of an executive by helping them secure their financial future with nonqualified retirement plans. ERISA plans are quite restrictive, you might consider informally funding a nonqualified plan or a multitude of other contribution options. Our executive compensation experts can help design the best supplemental retirement plans and compensation options that your company needs to attract and retain top talent.
Planning, Design, and Review Consultants for:
- CEO Compensation & Stock Options
- COO Pay, Benefits Packages
- Compensating Board of Directors
- CFO Retirement, Benefits & Pay
- CIO Compensation Planning & Design
- CMO Pay, Benefits, & Design
- Prove Pay for Performance
- Executive Compensation Proxy Disclosure
- Summary Compensation Table Disclosure
- CD&A Disclosures
Why are Third-Party Executive Compensation Auditors Needed?
The power struggle is real. Nearly every employee, shareholder, and board member has his or her own differing opinion on how to best use formulas and discretion in determining executive compensation. Also, the amount of attention focused on compensation has increased dramatically in recent years from regulators at the Securities and Exchange Commission, proxy advisors like Institutional Shareholder Services, shareholder activists, and activist law firms. These groups continue to push for higher transparency, more connection to pay and performance, and more formulas in company incentive programs.
At the same time, shareholders have elected compensation committees and boards to determine fair and reasonable compensation in light of many factors, including market competitive costs, complexity and size of the organization, tenure of the executive, and performance. All these competing points of view have resulted in a power struggle between company boards and institutional advisors over the best way to balance the fairness and reasonableness of executive compensation.
How Longnecker & Associates Can Help You
Our governance and compensation consulting firm is uniquely positioned to help your organization navigate the ever-evolving landscape of executive compensation. Skip to our case studies on executive compensation plan design and analysis to see how. With over 20 years of experience, our team will help provide honest, fresh, and effective solutions for all compensation issues.
When you work with us, we will:
- Industry Executive Pay Comparison. Assess the market and develop customized peer company groups for compensation comparability.
- Market Assessment & Scale. Conduct independent, third-party assessment of the reasonableness and market competitiveness of compensation components and levels for executives in public, private and not-for-profit organizations.
- Employment Agreement Review. Provide an assessment of terms and provisions of executive employment agreements.
- Business Continuity Plan Analysis. Conduct analysis of change-in-control terms and design of competitive structures.
- Annual & Tenure Compensation Analysis. Determine the appropriateness of compensation provided over an executive’s tenure in relation to the market and performance.
- Executive Retirement Plan Design & Review. Design executive retirement compensation plans and succession plans to ensure an optimally smooth transition.
- Executive Stock Option Review. Perform stock ownership requirement analysis and design.